Sunday, October 18, 2015

The struggle continues....
Sometimes I feel like a Conehead, you know them, the characters from Saturday Night Live, eating and drinking "mass quantities". Yes, I am a binge eater. Portion control is my downfall. Happily, I have discovered Nutirsystem D; billed as "Helping You Manage Diabetes." Yes, it helps with portion control. I am learning to embrace the hunger or eat lots of non-starchy vegetables. I am also learning that sometimes a glass of water is what I need more than something to eat.

I am walking every day with my dogs, Shylow and Delilah. Sometimes we go for a little drive to get to a different route to walk. They like riding in the car almost as much as the walk. It seems like I am getting more exercise walking with them than alone. Amazing how less than twenty pounds of fur and eight legs can drag me along at a pretty good clip.

Fleas, a problem for all pet owners.....
Who else has been really struggling with this lately? A scheduled trip to the Vet (Banfield at PetSmart) a few weeks ago pointed at something that helps more than the topical application of liquid poison. Nitenpyram tablets start killing the fleas within half an hour of getting the tablets down their throats. Ah, the joys of giving pills to a pet! No hiding the pills in food to get them down. With my girls it's shove the pill as far as possible in their mouths followed by holding their mouths shut until they swallow. Fun times! Look for Dog & Cat MD Quick Tabs in the doses right for your dog's or cat's weight. (Cheaper than the other brand and the same stuff.) The beauty of it is that it can be given to them every day if that's what it takes to break the egg to flea cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment